Monday 28 February 2011

A Rant, A Surprise, & I Wonder...

Today has been I have to say quite a relaxing Sunday. I have only exited the flat one time, and that was to go for an aperitivo in Navigli with a friend of mine. We went to a bar called 'Cape Town'. It was packed with people which was a surprise for a Sunday night however it's Fashion Week in Milano at the moment so the city is busy in general, but good busy! I mean one of the best weeks of the year in Milan is Salone Internazionale del Mobile (the Furniture Fair) which takes place during one week every April and the city comes alive. There are so many events, especially around Zona Tortona which is where they hold Fuori Salone, and in general the Milan locals can't help but be excited by the atmosphere generated in the city from thousands of international visitors. Fashion Week is similar in a way because of the large number of people visiting the city, however much harder to get a ticket for! But now back to the bar 'Cape Town', which is a good bar, relaxed, and down to earth, and therefore quite un-Milanese! For further details: http://milan.unlike.net/locations/307316-Cape-Town-Caf

My rant for the day is about my flatmate, who seems to have no concept about helping out in the flat...I mean don't get me wrong, he is a good guy, however I have to ask him to clean (as he just never does!) rather than me just doing it all, and tonight for example I put the dishwasher on then went out, came home and he in the meantime has opened the dishwasher after it had finished, and just left it, also his plate that he ate dinner off he left in the sink like Cinderella was just going to magically arrive to sort everything out. It drives me crazy! But it's probably the biggest thing that frustrates me so I guess there could be a lot worse things I could complain about in a flatmate. So I unpacked the dishwasher, and made sure to make lots of noise as I did the job. That was my little way of expressing my annoyance. 

I'm hoping to see L in the next couple of days. I haven't seen him since last weekend, and I'm keen to meet up with him again. I'm definitely interested in him, and would like to get to know him more. We have been texting and instant messaging through Facebook during the past week while I was in London, so fingers crossed. We have both been busy this weekend, and not been able to catch up so that's why I'd like to see him soon. There is a tiny part of me though that is wondering if he is keen or not, but I guess that is just natural when we have only just met. I was almost tempted by the Portu today, he text me as he arrived back from a work trip in Asia. He wanted to see me this afternoon (although with him I believe about 5% of what he tells me, because he has burnt me too many times), and a part of me just thought, ok, I'm going, and then I was feeling ridiculous at the same time because of L (who I've only met three times and the last time I saw him he told me that he is actually also seeing someone else but that if something serious happens with us that he would be just with me - to which I replied that if he wants a relationship with me, then it has to be just with me). So I told the Portu about L, and he told me that I should definitely not go to see him this afternoon, and instead just focus on L. To say I was surprised is putting it mildly. I was shaking my head, and then I was relieved. I guess I'm confused and frustrated. I am actually someone who doesn't do the multiple men thing. I don't run around the city having dates with lots of guys, and I don't want to. Nor do I want to be treated like that, so I don't act like that with others. I would just like to be with one man, in a committed happy relationship, however this is not the easiest thing to find. The search continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment