Monday 21 February 2011

London Town!

Yesterday afternoon I flew across to London. I decided that all I felt like doing was going to see a film, and having a nice relaxing evening. As I'm staying on the Strand, the easiest place to head to for a film is Leicester Square. I ended up seeing "Love and Other Drugs". It fitted my mood perfectly, it is a rom-com but does have an interesting message with regards to pharmaceutical companies in the USA during the mid 90's, what they were trying to achieve, versus Doctors and their patients.

Then I went to grab some dinner at a restaurant called "Byron Hamburgers" which I've walked past quite a few times and been curious to try for a while. It's located at 33-35 Wellington st, London WC2E 7BN, and website is www.byronhamburgers.com. The restaurant is fitted out really nicely, and has a very relaxed feeling to it. I think most of the staff working there are Aussies. In fact one of the reasons I was so curious to try this place was because I thought that it must be owned by Australians with such a name, and naturally thought of Byron Bay when I saw the name. The burger that I had was not the best I've ever eaten, the meat though was nicely cooked. I was really hoping that perhaps it would be possible to add some beetroot as well, but that wasn't one of the options, then it would have been really an Aussie burger!! For a quick, relaxed burger this is a nice place to go to. They do also serve other foods such as salads on the menu too.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment